“Your Pregnancy Week By Week” is an application designed to give both basic info and to aid in keeping others informed about your pregnancy. I did like the fact that once you add your dates, this app will keep count of what week you are in and give you some info week to week about the changes your baby is undergoing, and there is a calendar function that could be useful. There is also a blog which allows you to social network and a “Baby Alert” feature that lets you notify a list of contacts when you enter the hospital.
I did have some problems with the information section of this app. The info section is divided into topics. Each topic is illustrated by a photograph, and there are times that the text, (which is white) scrolls over a light section of the image, making it hard to read. The topics were both oddly arranged and chosen, and I also found myself saying “yeah…but” while reading much of the information, sometimes being confused, and sometimes disagreeing with what I was reading. The interface of this app in general was less than intuitive.
Ladies who are very invested in keeping friends and family up-to-date in their pregnancy may enjoy this app. I also like the fact that this app is pro-breast feeding.
Your Pregnancy Week by Week
Developer: Nhuma Expansion Technologies
Released: 2010-07-11 00:00:00
Description from the DeveloperIf you're a modern woman, with multiple occupations, one of those women who has little spare time, and you are pregnant, this application is perfect for you. Your Pregnancy Week by Week is a practical guide that brings you the basic knowledge to carry you through conception and pregnancy. This application, produced by a multidisciplinary team of professionals, will explain week by week the changes that you, your baby and your family will experience during the next 9 months.
With basic, attractive, dynamic, entertaining and direct language, you get access to scientific knowledge, without the barriers placed by using medical terms, and interesting tools to enjoy this stage of your life:
• Calculation and reporting of the weekly course: Log in, and every time you activate the application you will know in which week of your pregnancy you are, the information you should keep in mind for that week, how your baby is developing and your probably delivery date.
• Information : Access a complete guide organized by themes: Clinic: medical information to discuss with your doctor, relieve your doubts and prevent risky situations. Nutrition: learn how food affects your health and your baby's development.
Psychology: A time of great change not only for you, but for your whole family. Your partner and your other children (if any) will also experience the arrival of this new family member. In this section, you will find information for everyone. Tips & Tricks: the changes in your body can cause some discomfort, but don’t worry, in this section we have some secrets that will help you feel better.
Myth: A myth is a false statement repeated as true that is passed from generation to generation. It can be confusing and lead to risky behaviors for pregnancy. Recognize them and learn about them.
• Blog: Keep your friends informed of your pregnancy´s progress, from the first echo to the first photo! It's easy: select the event, add the text you want, a photo (or you can take it directly to your iphone) and share the news on your social networks.
• Calendar: Take total control and organize your appointments, studies and activities throughout your pregnancy, with date, time and category. Are you afraid you’ll forget someone? Send them the activity by email so they can add it to their schedule.
• Baby Alert: Leave a prepared notification message. When you’re heading out to the hospital, just send it. Your loved ones will learn in real time the arrival of your great moment.