Tizzy Seasons is a delightful application for young children which teaches about each of the four seasons. Not a word is spoken or seen as text within this application, making this app a very nice selection for children no matter their language background.
Start by choosing a boy or girl character and then a season with a tap, each charmingly expressed within four beautifully crafted scenes and each coming together as four corners of a background image, yet showing each season’s differences with the use of color and other details.
Five mini games are included per season and pertain to activities one may accomplish during each time of year, such as planting seeds in spring, blowing bubbles in summer, raking leaves in fall or hanging Christmas tree lights in the winter. I also appreciate planting vegetables in the spring to harvest them in the fall – a nice touch.
Some nice puzzle elements are included as well, such as matching the animals up to their corresponding cloud shapes or by placing leaves in their rightful places to be saved for later. Creative moments include allowing users to decorate a jack-o-lantern or snowman. I enjoy a few unique details like cutting bonsai trees into animals or flying a kite with a very realistic perspective.
There is a lot to enjoy within this application, and I also appreciate how the boy and girl characters are presumably ethnic non-Caucasians – something not seen often enough within iTunes.
What I don’t find necessary is the cheering found at the conclusion of these activities. While I find it important to include some kind of a conclusion to mini-games such as these, this specific sound effect is on the shrill side and out of place within this relaxing and lovely application.
Even with this note, Tizzy Seasons is a delightful way to engage toddlers and even beyond, teaching a little about seasonal activities along the way.
Developer: Tizzy Labs, LLC
Released: 2012-08-22 00:00:00
Description from the DeveloperTizzy Seasons is a beautifully illustrated educational game designed to teach your kids about the different Seasons of the Year. With this imaginative play App from Tizzy Labs, you will be able to help your child explore their natural wonder and curiosity of life as they discover the many differences between Spring, Summer, Autumn & Winter. Filled with fantastic activities, from blowing bubbles in the Summer to dressing in layers for Winter, Tizzy Seasons makes learning fun!
Take a look below at some of the Activities that Tizzy Seasons has to offer:
- Feed the Birds in Your Child's very own Birdhouse
- Plant a Garden
- Find the Shapes in the Clouds
- Build a Kite and then Fly it
- Feed the Ducks in a Beautiful Pond
- Make a Delicious Ice Cream Sundae and then EAT It
- Blow Bubbles and then Pop them.
- Help the Family of Frogs Jump to their Lilypad Home
- Trim the Hedges and Watch what Shapes you can Create
- Look at and catch a Wonderful Assortment of Butterflies
- Carve Out Your Very Own Pumpkin
- Organize your Leaf Collection
- Harvest the Fruits and Vegetables from the Garden You Planted
- Pick and Sort Apples from Your Very own Apple Orchard
- Help Rake the Leaves in the Backyard
- It's COLD Outside!!! Make sure to get dressed in enough layers
- Build and Decorate a Snowman
- Look up at the Night Sky and Play Dot to Dot with the Stars
- Light up your Tizzy Seasons House with Beautiful Twinkling Lights
- Build a Snow Sled from Scratch then go sledding
Plus so much more!!!
- Imaginative Play designed to teach your child about different activities during each Season
- You can choose to play as either a Boy or a Girl
- Fun and Fanciful Music Soundtrack that sets the mood for each Season
- Sound Effects galore that really help to enhance your child's
- No In App Puchases
- No Ads Whatsoever