I really love the fishing game apps on the iPhone! I would have to say that Flick Fishing is my son’s all-time favorite app! What is it about these fishing games that is so entertaining?
Like Flick Fishing, Doodle Fishing engages the cast with a “flick” of the phone and a flick back to “set the hook” when a fish bites. The reel-in is a bit flimsier; instead of dialing a rotary spool, the user simply slides a bar across the bottom to control reeling speed.
The game includes an map which the player navigates around by boat, which is controlled by a small steering wheel and throttle. When a location is selected, the player taps the screen to initiate the fishing expedition.
The grapics are consistent with the other “Doodle” games; (Doodle Jump, etc.), the graphics are a pleasing palette of bright colors and hand-drawn cartoon characters.
I don’t think think Doodle Fishing exceeds Flick Fishing in quality, but it’s a pretty fun little game in its own right; further development of the map portion of the game has the potential to improve it and add a new dimension of play.
Developer: Chris Egerter
Released: 2010-07-15 00:00:00
Description from the DeveloperWelcome to Doodle Fishing (AKA iFishing Doodle Edition). Doodle Fishing is the most fun you'll have fishing, now with 4 player multiplayer!
"One of the most complete fishing games in the App Store, doodle or otherwise" - AppAdvice
FEATURED IN NEW AND NOTEWORTHY (Games/Sports) on iTunes
Doodle Fishing is a cartoon version and expansion of iFishing, the #1 fishing game for the iPhone. Experience the thrills of realistic freshwater fishing as you use your device to cast and reel in a big lunker!
* 4 PERSON MULTIPLAYER! In Game chat lets you chat while fishing, and find out what the other players are catching. Doodle Fishing features a robust multiplayer mode with up to 4 players over bluetooth that lets you continue your game where you left off, even after multitasking on IOS4 or completely leaving the app, as long as the server is running.
* Use the iPhone's accelerometer to cast, jig, aim your lure, and fight fish.
* Exciting fish fights while keeping the line tension in check, even see them jump!
*Use the fish finder and drive your boat to seek out the best places on the lake.
* 15 unlockable lakes with 3 difficulty levels will keep you playing for a long time
* Variety of lures with different actions (jigs, topwater, spinnerbait, divers, worms)
* Many species of freshwater fish to catch including perch, black crappie, bluegill, smallmouth bass, largemouth bass, walleye, pike, carp, catfish, and musky.
* Many funny things that you didn't want to catch, including soup cans, tree branches, spare tires, shopping carts, and toilet seats!
* Advanced fish AI, including schooling behavior, lure preferences, and hotspots based on structure such as dropoffs, weeds, lilypads, logs and rocks.
* Practice or Tournament modes in 3 difficulties.
* Trophy room to keep track of your biggest fish ever caught.
* To unlock more lakes you need to win cash in the tournaments. Check the lake screen to see how much cash you've earned and need to unlock the next lake.
* You can't keep fish that aren't considered sports fish, like perch or bluegills.
JOIN THE FAN COMMUNITY
-On Facebook at www.facebook.com/RockingPocketGames
-On Twitter at twitter.com/RockingPocket
More RPG Games: Doodle Chopper, Puppet Jump, Puppet Sprint, Puppet Labyrinth, Super Soccer Kick 3D, Super Football Kick 3D, Pocket Farm, iFishing, iFishing Saltwater, Dark Raider, Dark Raider S, Blue Skies 3GS, The Guy Game, The Girl Game